Westside Terrace Healthcare is excited to announce the return of in-person visitation for residents and their loved ones. In the interest of our residents’ well-being and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person visits were suspended in March. Families and friends have been keeping up with our residents in a variety of ways, including e-Cards and video chatting sessions. However, in-person visits are an important way for residents and their loved ones to connect and engage socially.
Houston County and our facility have met the criteria recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Alabama for re-opening long-term healthcare facilities to visitors. As of September 30, outdoor visits with residents are allowed in the Gazebo Courtyard. Visiting hours are Tuesday to Thursday, from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Due to each resident’s specific medical needs, not all residents will be eligible for modified visitation. All visitors must call 334-794-1000 at least 24 hours in advance to schedule.
The gazebo area has been specially prepared to ensure the continued health of our residents and their guests. Temperature checks and COVID-19 screening will be performed before each visit. Westside Terrace asks that visitors with headache, fever, congestion, cough, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, shortness of breath, sore throat or chest pain not come to the facility while they have symptoms. Additionally, please wait 10 days after the onset of symptoms before visiting.
What to expect
- Spaces for visits are limited. Two residents may receive guests in the courtyard at a time.
- Two visitors are allowed for each resident.
- All visitors must be 16 years of age or older.
- Masks are required for all residents and their guests.
- Social distancing guidelines of 10 feet will be enforced.
- Non-compliance with the guidelines will result in the suspension of visiting privileges for guests.
- Visits are limited to 15 minutes.
- Visiting hours will be canceled in the case of inclement weather.
- At least one staff member will be on duty during all visits.
Tips for a great visit
- All guests must be on time for their scheduled visit.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before, during and after a visit.
- All visitors must stay in the designated areas.
- Gifts, supplies and care packages for residents are encouraged. All items will be disinfected and delivered.
- Athletic wear
- Comfortable sleepwear
- Homemade crafts
- Hygiene giftsets
- Lap blankets
- Memory boxes
- Nonslip socks and slippers
- Photos of family and friends
- Stuffed animals
As always, it is a privilege to be entrusted with the care of our residents. Westside Terrace is so pleased to be able to offer them the comfort of in-person visits again. We all look forward to seeing more of their loved ones and friends here.